The whole weekend journey has started on Friday taking me from the Purple Office in Maidenhead towards the Mighty York… Instead of 4 hours drive the trip to York turned out to be 7 hours long as there were several stops made along the highway – at Licester, Sheffield & Leeds.
To my surprise the weather was sunny on Saturday :) So it was very lovely to walk around Howard Castle, Clifford's tower, playing with golden leaves underneath the feet… walk through the Shambles street (the city centre) towards the York Minster feeling the true spirit of York & its people… Enjoy yammy chocolate (what York is known for!) and music sounds that were carried by a light wind from place of performance to every corner of the city…
Made with Slideshow Embed Tool
Sunday was more chilly and rainy, but of a bigger value... I kept my promise and got to Barnsley, the Wentworth castle & gardens. The world is so small and surprising... I could never expect that I would know the member of the Wentworth family personally - the family that used to own the Wentworth castle & gardens :) But of course I am so inspired by that fact not because of his title ;) My American Dad, I've finaly seen it with my own eyes! IMPRESSIVE place to be living at :)
Made with Slideshow Embed Tool
...So, 3 days on the road... now on the way back home... Adele is playing 'Chasing pavements'... Somehow this song was in my head for the whole weekend...'I've made up my mind, Don't need to think it over, If I'm wrong I am right..." Sadly enough, I belive I will be 'chasing other pavements' soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment