I felt only night within me and it was then that I conceived the new art, which I called Suprematism. (Kasimir Malevich)
Suprematism (Russian: Супрематизм): is an art movement focused on fundamental geometric forms (in particular the square and circle) which formed in Russia in 1915-1916...Probably, the best visual term to use describing this year of 2008..
If I would paint it I simply would put everything in a suprematic way, in a painting of Malevich's Black Square.
As you know, the Black Square of Kazimir Malevich is one of the most famous creations of Russian art in the last century. The first Black Square was painted in 1915 to become the turning point in the development of Russian avant-garde.
Black Square against white background became the symbol, the basic element in the system of the art of suprematism, the step into the new art. The artist himself created several variants of the Black Square. All four Squares painted by Malevich from 1915 to the early 1930s developed the same idea. Different are not only the sequence and year of creation, but also the color, design and texture. Malevich turned back to the Black Square every time he needed to present his work in an assertive and significant way, often in connection with the most important exhibitions. However he always created a new version rather than copied the previous one.
Suprematism (Russian: Супрематизм): is an art movement focused on fundamental geometric forms (in particular the square and circle) which formed in Russia in 1915-1916...Probably, the best visual term to use describing this year of 2008..
If I would paint it I simply would put everything in a suprematic way, in a painting of Malevich's Black Square.
As you know, the Black Square of Kazimir Malevich is one of the most famous creations of Russian art in the last century. The first Black Square was painted in 1915 to become the turning point in the development of Russian avant-garde.
Black Square against white background became the symbol, the basic element in the system of the art of suprematism, the step into the new art. The artist himself created several variants of the Black Square. All four Squares painted by Malevich from 1915 to the early 1930s developed the same idea. Different are not only the sequence and year of creation, but also the color, design and texture. Malevich turned back to the Black Square every time he needed to present his work in an assertive and significant way, often in connection with the most important exhibitions. However he always created a new version rather than copied the previous one.

What's of an interest, if you look attentively, you would see paint of different colours under the black layer appearing through the cracks in the paint...
This year was absolutely significant and, in a way, assertive. Though, my inner positivism doesn't let me paint it in a bright colors... There were too many loses.
Analytics predict that 2009 will be more tough. I am not sure anymore if I am ready to continue challenging myself.
With the most primitive means the artist creates something which the most ingenious and efficient technology will never be able to create. (Kasimir Malevich)
P.S. I am so sorry I've never found a moment to show to you what you really mean to me...never found a moment to learn from you...
1 comment:
Nice new layout!
And cheer up - any other state does not suit you:-)
Post a Comment